IMD is a proprietary formula consisting of highly purified silica base with covalently attached metal-binding groups. The product is insoluble and functions to bind heavy metals in the gut so that they can be safely eliminated with the bowels; this prevents both re-absorption of the heavy metals and free-radical generation catalyzed by them. In fact, the product can also directly neutralize free-radicals in the gut and thus may play a role in damping gastrointestinal inflammation. Both the silica base and the binding agent are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) for use in food, but since the binding agent is firmly attached to the insoluble silica it is not absorbed and thus not bioavailable. IMD does not enter the bloodstream, therefore it will not cause high spikes of blood mercury levels, which often cause kidney and liver stress during other types of chelation. IMD optimizes transporters that move glutathione and conjugated toxins into the intestinal tract for elimination, thus regulating Phase I detox pathways.
- Bind mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body via the stool.
- Intercepts methylmercury trapped in enterohepatic circulation.
Binding and removing intestinal heavy metals:
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ and tissue bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body's natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed free-radical reactions, which can otherwise lead to inflammation and cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters: OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc)
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.
Cleanse Support: The bodily detoxification systems need to be supported during the cleanse. The most important systems to support are: Liver, Bowel, Vasculature, Lymph, and Kidneys. Both allopathic and homeopathic support work well with IMD.
Additional Nutritional Support (to be used in conjunction with the IMD):
- Vitamin B6: 50-150mg
- Vitamin C: at least 1000mg
- Zinc: 15-50mg
- Magnesium: adequate amount
- Milk Thistle (Silymarin) &/or Dandelion Root
- Selenium: 100-200mcg
- Iodine (equivalent to i-Throid or Iodoral 12.5mg or higher - do not take at same time as IMD)
|Ingredients||Proprietary formula: Base of highly purified silica with covalently bonded elements. Does not contain any known allergens or fillers.|
Administration: Mix one scoop of IMD in water and vitamin C, and drink quickly to avoid the settling of particles. The vitamin C protects the anti-oxidant qualities of the IMD. If you do not have vitamin C, some lemon or orange juice can be used for mixing with IMD.
Dosage: Adult: 1 level scoop, once a day. For advanced use take 1 scoop, 2-3 times daily. For sensitive patients, start with half a scoop per day, and work up to the full dosage. Children 12 and under: 1/2 scoops, or as tolerated - consult your physician.
Regimen: For a long-term detox, take 5 days on/ 2 days off in a rotation. For acute problems, take continuously until symptoms subside.
Length of Treatment: The general course of use is 4-6 months as a basic detox, up to a year for deeper cleansing. Periodic use after the main cleanse (one month two times per year) is helpful for two reasons: 1) To remove new accumulations, and 2) Deeper deposits may not be accessible during the first cleanse and can move out and become more available after the body adjusts to the first cleanse.
The speed/intensity of the detox can be controlled by the dosage. Most people experience a need for more sleep at night, but if pronounced fatigue is experienced during the day, the dosage can be decreased until comfortable. No major side effects have been reported. Minor side effects include: fatigue and mild headaches. These reactions are common during any type of detoxification. During this detox it is important to increase water intake and make sure that you are having at least 1-2 bowel movements a day.
|Additional Notes||These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|