Glycerophosphocholine (GPC) is a unique osmo-protectant, a clinically proven brain revitalizer, and raises choline-generating unique omega-3 phospholipids to build cell membranes.
The three brain supernutrients GPC, acetyl L-carnitine, and phosphatidylserine (PS) in this formula are assisted by Ginkgo biloba extract, which enhances brain protection. Brain Vitale™ also contains inositol, another key osmo-protectant, and a precursor for second messenger action within the nerve cells.
Dr. Parris Kidd gives this formula a “thumbs up” and says, “This sets the standard for effective brain formulas."
Benefits of Brain Vitale may be helpful for:
- relieving depression
- repairing damaged neurons
- slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease
- protects the brain from damage caused by stress
- relieving emotional and physical stress
- promoting mental alertness
Clinical Applications of Brain Vitale:
- Mental alertness: 2-7 capsules per day
- Helping short and long term memory: 4-7 capsules per day
- Helping learning capacity: 4-7 capsules per day
- Alzheimer's Disease: 4-7 capsules per day
- Stroke victims: 4-7 capsules per day
- Senility: 6-7 capsules per day
- Depression: 6-7 capsules per day
Research on GPC shows
* Naturally occurring in all our cells and mother's milk
* Unique type of metabolic protectant
* "Active" form of choline - has an Tadded phosphate and glycerol group
* Water soluble and can cross the blood brain barrier (PC cannot)
* Effectively raises acetylcholine
* Improvements in attention,mental focus and cognition even if linked to Alzheimer's or poor brain circulation
* Numerous studies showing increased brain recovery following stroke or other injury
* Revitalizes master hormone functions from pituitary control in the elderly (growth hormone)
* Studies used 1200 mg per day in divided doses
* The largest stroke trial in Italy, 2000 patients, GPC helped 95% to improve
* GPC outperforms other cholinergic precursors: better than choline, PC, and citicholine (known as CDP choline)
What does ALC (Acetyl L-Carnitine) do?
* Critical energy cofactor for brain cells
* REPAIRS physically damaged neurons
* Helps stroke victims
* Helps prevent age related memory decline
* Increases learning capacity
* Enhances immune function
What does Ginkgo do?
* Improves microcirculation to the brain cells
* Helps enhance short and long term memory
* Helps improve mood
* Supports mental focus and energy
* Helps revitalize fading memory
* Protects the brain from stress induced neuronal death
* Balances catecholamine, serotonin and cortisol levels
* Phytosome® form is at least two times as bioavailable, with enhanced degree of efficiency
Can Brain Vitale be used with medications?
Consult your healthcare practitioner if you are on certain medications such as blood thinners or anticoagulants, use only at their discretion. Brain Vitale is often combined with anti-depressant medications with only positive results. This is because these two nutrients are natural to the body's metabolism, and their effects are only positive on overall brain health and wellness. .
Are there any side effects to this product?
Taken late in the day, this product may cause difficulty falling asleep due to its brain energizing properties.
Is there anyone who should not take Brain Vitale?
People with seizure disorders or epilepsy should avoid brain-energizing nutrients such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine.
How long will it take before I start feeling the effects of Brain Vitale?
Due to the instant assimilation of these nutrients when taken in powder form, you will feel results in as little as 20 minutes.
Improving Memory and Reversing Senility
Over thirty studies show that Acetyl-L-Carnitine slows or prevents age related decline in mental function.1 1.5 g/day of Acetyl-L-Carnitine given to 236 older adults for forty-five days significantly increased the effectiveness of performance on all the measures of cognitive functioning, memory performance, and constructional thinking.2 Twenty adults given 1.5 g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine experienced reversal of many of the signs of brain aging.3 Alcoholics with cognitive impairment have also benefited from Acetyl-L-Carnitine.4
Speeding Stroke Recovery
One hundred sixty patients who had suffered from a stroke a year or more ago were given 1.5 g of Acetyl- L-Carnitine a day for eight weeks. This led to increased speed of recovery, as well as improved mood and attention span.7
Helping Damaged Nerves and Diabetic Neuropathy
Animal models of sciatic nerve injury show that Acetyl-L-Carnitine dramatically increases the speed of nerve healing and prevents loss of nerve function.15 Acetyl-L-Carnitine should be considered in all cases where physical injury to neurons occurs, including brain injuries from car accidents and other causes.16 Those with brain injuries report that Acetyl-L-Carnitine-especially when combined with phosphatidyl serine-significantly improves overall brain function, attention span, and learning ability. Acetyl- L-Carnitine has also been found helpful in the management of diabetic neuropathy17 especially when combined with lipoic acid and GLA.18
Acetyl-L-Carnitine has also been found to be a powerful immune enhancer. This is due to its ability to promote the health of the nervous system, which in turn governs the activity of the immune system. Acetyl-L-Carnitine may offer specific to HIV patients.19,20 and those with tuberculosis.
How Phosphatidyl Serine (PS) benefits Memory and Recall
Memories are formed when a group of brain cells-neurons-talk to each other. Together, neurons create a memory of an event, such as where the keys are, where you put the remote control, or where you parked the car. In order for memories to be both formed and recalled, neurons must talk to each other. Without PS, such communication among neurons is difficult if not impossible. With PS, neurons communicate more effectively. That is why PS has such positive effects on memory, recall, and overall brain function.
Helping Age Related Memory Loss
As we age, most of us lose some memory function. PS may help to reverse or slow this process.21-23 Seventy-five patients with age-related memory impairment were given 300 mg of PS per day for 12 weeks. PS led to improved performance tests related to learning and memory tasks of daily life.24 Another study of thirty-three patients with dementia showed equally promising results. This 8-week study of 300 mg per day of PS showed that PS can significantly improve overall brain wellness in those with dementia.25
Slowing Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's disease is a debilitating ailment that destroys the memory of older adults. While there is no cure for Alzheimer's, nutrients like PS may help slow the progression and even reverse some of the symptoms of this disease.26-28 Eighteen patients with Alzheimer's disease given 400 mg of PS per day for 6 months experienced a wide range of positive effects on memory and recall.29 Twenty-five patients with Alzheimer's disease given 300 mg of PS for 12 weeks also saw improvements in brain function. This study also showed that PS may have the most benefit when given in early stages of Alzheimer's.30
The effects of phosphatidyl serine on cognitive, affective and behavioral symptoms were studied in a group of 10 elderly women with depressive disorders. Patients were treated with placebo for 15 days, followed by PS at 300 mg/ day for 30 days. PS induced consistent improvement of depressive symptoms, memory and behavior.31
How to Take PS
As with any brain-energizing nutrient, PS is best avoided near bedtime as it may prevent sleep. It is best taken with or before breakfast and lunch. If you are taking PS to treat any medical condition, or are taking medications, especially psychotropic medications, it is advisable to take PS with the guidance of your health care practitioner. PS is derived from soy, and is suitable for vegetarians. The beneficial level of intake of PS according to human research is anywhere from 100- 800 mg per day. Most studies in humans where PS has been used to optimize brain function used 300 mg of PS per day. After an initial loading phase with PS, long term supplementation at l00 mg per day may be sufficient for most adults to maintain optimal brain levels of PS.
Size: 60 capsules
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, silicon dioxide.
|Does Not Contain||Gluten, Soy, Dairy, Yeast, Sugar, Artificial Sweeteners or colors|
|Recommended Use||As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.|
|Serving Size||2 capsules|
|Storage Instructions||Store in a cool, dry place|
|Additional Notes||These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.|